Skip to main content

Browser Comparison - Internet Explorer 9 vs other Browsers

Since I learned how to surf the internet, I never used Internet Explorer (versions 8 and below). The interface is very dull and the browsing speed is very slow.

But since I had switched to a newer version of the Internet Explore, IE9, everything has changed. Before I came up with IE9, I had tested several web browsers before - Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and Rockmelt.
If I were to rate these browsers according to their performance (up to scale of 5), it will be:


Mozilla Firefox:
I had once used this browser before I met Google Chrome. That's it.


Google Chrome:

I had used this browser for a very long time. The interface is very good, very easy to understand. The browsing speed is amazingly fast.
But...
It consumes memory and CPU Usage a lot. I am currently using a laptop with an Intel Centrino 1.4GHz processor, 512MB DDR RAM and a 32MB ATI Radeon Video Card. That means running a massive program causes crashes on the system. This is the main reason why I always look at my task manager and observe the graphs pertaining to mu CPU and memory usage. When I watch videos on te internet, Google Chrome's plug-in, particularly the Shockwave plug-in usually crashes and I reallt hate this part. I need to close all the tabs and restart the browser again. When I use Google Chrome, I usually dont open another programs to avoid system crashes.
And another..
When it prompts you to save your password, anyone can see it. So saving passwords with this browser is strictly not preffered, even if you own your own PC or laptop.

Opera:

Although this has a very nice interface, I've just used this browser for only a few days (3 days to be exact) just for testing purposes. Memory and CPU consumption is less than Google Chrome but the browsing speed is slower than Chrome (even if you use it's 'turbo speed' option). I didn't like this browser.

Rockmelt:
This was my last browser before I had switched to Internet Explorer 9 (Windows 7 too). EXCELLENT interface. This is just like google chrome enhanced with social media capabilities. At this browser, you can easily see the live updates from Facebook / Twitter and it also has realtime update of the sites you have listed here via the RSS feeds. Of course, having too much features requires more memory usage.

Internet Explorer (IE9 to be exact):

When I switched to a new operating system, the Windows Seven Ultimate....
oopsss... it ran on a 512 RAM? (that's another topic... secret!!!!)
This browser was the built-in browser on the operating system I have installed on my laptop. I tried to use it because I searched the internet to download Google Chrome (There's no built-in Chrome on OS right?). I was amazed about the speed, as well as the interface, until I have explored all of the features and find all of them great. IE9 now also have a download manager, which it haven't before. Downloading is faster at this browser. So, why do I have to use Google Chrome that I have downloaded?,,, I did not use it anymore.
About Memory Usage:
Amazingly it was really great. It consumes LESS MEMORY AND CPU USAGE THAN CHROME. Also the FLASHPLAYER PLUG-IN doesn't crash anymore.
Everything's FINE now.

THIS IS THE BEST BROWSER I HAVE EVER USED.

DON'T COMPARE INTERNET EXPLORER 9 WITH ITS PREVIOUS VERSIONS.This is very different. As I have said earlier, it is the first time that I "USED" the Internet Explorer.

Hey Microsoft, can you pay me for this review?
ha haha ha ha, laughs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Rewrite on a DVD-R and a CD-R Without any Burning Software

Part 1 Yes! you heard it right! You can now make your CD+/-R or DVD+/-R act like a rewritable one. During the Windows XP days, this is impossible. Once you have written something on a recordable disc, then you can't save a file on it anymore. Rewriting on a discs can only be done through CD+/-RW or DVD+/-RW type of discs. These rewritable type of discs costs as much as two to five times compared with the write-once or recordable discs. As I have upgraded my operating system from Windows XP into Windows 7, I have discovered several exciting things about it. I first thought that this feature is only designed for RW discs, but I have once experimented it on a write-once disc and it worked! This discovery is among the most important feature of Windows 7 that I am using until now. I've researched on it and found out that this is possible through the Windows 7's UDF file system To do this, you need the following: A blank CD-R, CD+R, DVD-R or a DVD+R An optical burner (m

MyView 24PX100 Review

It was last month when I tried to visit lazada.ph website, and among all the products I had browsed on the website, this TV caught my attention. 24 inches Full HD LED TV with USB media playback. Asking Price? P6,500. Below are the product's main specifications you need to know, for the rest of the specs sheet, visit MyView website . SERIES PIXSMART Model 24PX100 Size 24" 580X377X43 Design Fine Polished Blac Panel Maker BOE/IPS/Sharp Resolution 1920x1080 Brightness 400 cd/m2 Contrast 3000:1 Viewing Angle 176 (H) X 176 (V) Dot Pitch 0.1615, X 0.4845mm Maximum colors 16.7M Response time 6.5ms Backlight life >100000 hrs Colour system PAL/SECAM In their website, there's in the list that states that the product runs on Android 2.3, Cortex A9 CPU, Mali 400 graphics... no no no. There's no single trace of Android in this product.

MyPhone My82 DTV Review

Finally got this phone after a week of going back to the malls and asking every MyPhone kiosks if the unit is already available.. no more long stories, let's go directly to the review (or I'll say a quick review as I just got this device yesterday). Phone Specifications: 1.2 GHz Quadcore ARM Cortex-A7 CPU 512MB RAM Mali-400 MP GPU 5 inches LCD diplay (non-IPS) 480 x 854 pixels 2000mAh battery Dual SIM, 3G HSPA+ Android 5.1 Lollipop Wifi, bluetooth LED notification (Yes, it has!) Digital TV (ISDBT) Packaging: I'll upload the picture of the box and its contents at a later time, but here's what inside the box (aside from the unit) 700mA charger (I noticed that the size of the charger is smaller than the usual) Earbuds with microphone (don't expect a good sounding earphone for a phone of this price range). Digital TV antenna. Screen Protector is already installed in the unit - but you'll just immediately remove it as it is very scratch pro