Skip to main content

Reusing Your Burned CD-R and DVD-Rs

This is the second part of my post about Rewriting on a write-once discs. The first article is a vital one so that this second part be easier to understand, and also you can get and formulate some ideas and concepts about this burning hot thing.

If you have a lot of CD-Rs and DVD-Rs stocked on your room and is needed to be disposed of because you no longer need and use it, then just read this post. You may use that burned CD again.
Yes! I repeat you can still use it again,,, again and again.

Again, this tutorial is only meant for Windows 7 operating system only.

Before you start:
Just make sure that you no longer use the files on the disc because this tutorial will format the whole disc, meaning all the files in it will be permanently erased.
As discussed on the first part, formatting or deleting files on a read-only / recordable disc does not provide you an additional free space on your disc. The memory allocation for the deleted file will still be counted as used space, although you have deleted and cannot see the erased file. So logically, ONLY FORMAT DISCS THAT HAS ENOUGH FREE DISK SPACE.

First, insert the burned +/-R disc in the DVD burner., after it has been loaded, right click the drive and choose format. The format window will appear:

Click start. It will show you a warning... just proceed (by clicking YES).  Wait for the format to complete as shown.

And you're done. You can now drag and drop the files on the drive to store files AGAIN and AGAIN, just like a normal USB flash drive.

 
So next time you are required to submit a project in your school that is needed to be stored in a CD... you already know what to do... Why do I need to buy huh?

Comments

  1. For me, when I cliked right-click on the disc which was bruned before or even which have been reofrmated with your first part, I didn't see any 'format' option shows me, although my system is Windows 7 home premium SP1.

    What is the matter with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In addition, what difference is there between this part of yours and the the first part?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only the first part has been successful for me, especially when I try to reformated a new CD/DVD-R. But this way as I said before didn't make any differnce. I would rather use a USB Flash Driver because it is easier to use than to reformated a new DVD/CD-R. I would rather use a new DVD/CD-R to burn iso or any other files once insted of reforamting DVD/CD-R in order to use them as USB Falsh Drive many times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Rewrite on a DVD-R and a CD-R Without any Burning Software

Part 1 Yes! you heard it right! You can now make your CD+/-R or DVD+/-R act like a rewritable one. During the Windows XP days, this is impossible. Once you have written something on a recordable disc, then you can't save a file on it anymore. Rewriting on a discs can only be done through CD+/-RW or DVD+/-RW type of discs. These rewritable type of discs costs as much as two to five times compared with the write-once or recordable discs. As I have upgraded my operating system from Windows XP into Windows 7, I have discovered several exciting things about it. I first thought that this feature is only designed for RW discs, but I have once experimented it on a write-once disc and it worked! This discovery is among the most important feature of Windows 7 that I am using until now. I've researched on it and found out that this is possible through the Windows 7's UDF file system To do this, you need the following: A blank CD-R, CD+R, DVD-R or a DVD+R An optical burner (m

MyView 24PX100 Review

It was last month when I tried to visit lazada.ph website, and among all the products I had browsed on the website, this TV caught my attention. 24 inches Full HD LED TV with USB media playback. Asking Price? P6,500. Below are the product's main specifications you need to know, for the rest of the specs sheet, visit MyView website . SERIES PIXSMART Model 24PX100 Size 24" 580X377X43 Design Fine Polished Blac Panel Maker BOE/IPS/Sharp Resolution 1920x1080 Brightness 400 cd/m2 Contrast 3000:1 Viewing Angle 176 (H) X 176 (V) Dot Pitch 0.1615, X 0.4845mm Maximum colors 16.7M Response time 6.5ms Backlight life >100000 hrs Colour system PAL/SECAM In their website, there's in the list that states that the product runs on Android 2.3, Cortex A9 CPU, Mali 400 graphics... no no no. There's no single trace of Android in this product.

MyPhone My82 DTV Review

Finally got this phone after a week of going back to the malls and asking every MyPhone kiosks if the unit is already available.. no more long stories, let's go directly to the review (or I'll say a quick review as I just got this device yesterday). Phone Specifications: 1.2 GHz Quadcore ARM Cortex-A7 CPU 512MB RAM Mali-400 MP GPU 5 inches LCD diplay (non-IPS) 480 x 854 pixels 2000mAh battery Dual SIM, 3G HSPA+ Android 5.1 Lollipop Wifi, bluetooth LED notification (Yes, it has!) Digital TV (ISDBT) Packaging: I'll upload the picture of the box and its contents at a later time, but here's what inside the box (aside from the unit) 700mA charger (I noticed that the size of the charger is smaller than the usual) Earbuds with microphone (don't expect a good sounding earphone for a phone of this price range). Digital TV antenna. Screen Protector is already installed in the unit - but you'll just immediately remove it as it is very scratch pro